Words Of Inspiration (#16)

Be gracious in defeat. Nobody likes to lose and for that matter, a lot of us tend to keep the thoughts of it away. As a matter of fact, some of us declare that the word in itself does not exist in our vocabulary. As a result, we @ all cost make ourselves determined not to fall victim to its jaws. Question here is, what happens if you do actually fall victim to defeats jaws?

As I said right @ the beginning, no one likes to lose, but sometimes the competitions we are bound to face prove to be much sterner and tougher than we bargained for. They say if you are well prepared, you can not lose. To some extent, this statement is 95% true. However failure to overlook the remaining 5% which consists of battles beyond our capacity becomes our greatest downfall.

Even in a competition, that we know we are likely to win, we sometimes get off guard by our opponents. Its a natural phenomenon. However its how we respond to these defeats that show our character. Though defeat is painful, we must learn to accept it. After all, what’s done is done. Like victory, its irreversible. The only thing we can do is to work harder to avenge it in the next battle.

Sore losers never accept their errors and faults. They are completely bitter about the situation rather than analysing and working on how to correct those errors and faults. You’re never going to win with bitterness, period! Rather than whining and arguing about what has been lost, be gracious and work harder.

Channel the pains of defeat immediately into a positive stronger energy. Remember that defeats are just like any ordinary obstacles bound to cross us. There is a lesson to be learned in every one we come across and it is ONLY when we have learned those lessons that we can actually progress.

Bitterness kills, gratitude heals. Think about it.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: